It has certainly been a journey to see how babies grow especially since Daniela has come into our lives. We love her so much everyday that just to think about a year ago we were just wrapping our heads around the idea that we were going to be parents. It was scary for me because I did not know what to expect. Fast forward and in retrospect, I still worry about whether or not I am doing the utmost to make her comfortable and most of all happy and healthy.
We had a good Mother’s day celebration because we were able to visit with both grandmothers and great-grandmothers plus our adoptive grandmother Maria del Carmen. Raul’s mom and grandmother were able to enjoy a brunch with her. While my mom and grandmother enjoyed the rest of the afternoon with her.
This month we were amazed at what Daniela is doing with her body. She is quite the contortionist.
1. Puts her toes in her mouth.
2. Turns over onto her belly. She just started doing this in the past week. She does turn back over. Initially she needed help but know she is turning back over on her own. We are waiting for her to get up and run.
3. Sits on her bottom and is leaning forward. When she comes back she tilts over so we make sure she is on the bed when she does this.
4. What Raul calls trompetillas, saying ga ma (when she is stressed out or someone scares her), a, da.
5. She also recognizes her name when we call her. She loves to put blankets over her head and we call her name, she turns her head to us.
6. She is reaching out to grab anything and everything including JuanGa. If he is sitting close to her, Daniela will grab for his coat, ear, nose, and tail.
7. When she is mad and can’t grab something, she starts to yell and gets really angry.
8. She knows where her food comes from. Daniela will start to tap at my chest.
9. Loves sucking on her thumb and two fingers in the middle.
10. Holding a cup and putting it up to her lips. Of course it is not filled with anything we are just practicing.